Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Oh Baby, Baby


A coworker of mine gave birth to a bouncing baby boy a couple of nights ago, so I decided to make a card for her. I went with the larger size so there was plenty of room for everyone at work to sign it.

I don't have any children of my own, so I don't have any funny stories to share that go along with this baby card. So instead I'll comment on the upcoming weekend kicking off the summer. (It does kind of tie into, the birth). I was supposed to be working this coming weekend, Memorial Weekend, but since I filled in this past weekend, and will be filling in the following weekend, my boss graciously asked if I would like to take it off. I agreed and started hunting something fun to do. I settled on camping at Carolina Beach. The north end of the shore has a great place for 4 wheel drive vehicles to pull out on and set up camp. Then two days ago I got the call from Cristena telling me that she had her baby over night, I was super happy for her, but I feared my weekend to kick off the summer was over before it even started. But luckily we have enough people scheduled, so I won't be missed.

I found out today that we will be spending the day out on a boat, possibly deep sea fishing. So I'll have to make a fishy card to go along with that story. Then in the late afternoon we'll head out to the beach and prepare to camp. I have a love hate relationship with camping at the beach. Love: the ocean, the breeze, the sounds and the smell. Hate: The sun coming up early in the morning turning my tent into somewhat of an OVEN. So there is no way to sleep late on the beach, much like trying to sleep late with a new born baby (another tie in to the card).

Anyway I hope this card brings a smile to Cristena's face. Everyone at work can't wait to meet the new addition.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: So Many Scallops
Paper: Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Plaid DP
Ink: Bliss Blue, Summer Sun
Accessories: Satin "Baby" ribbon, dimensionals & stickles

No comments: