Wednesday, May 28, 2008

America The Beautiful


Happy Memorial Day, a couple of days late!

It's been a busy week at work and I haven't had time to update the blog.

I made this card for a friend who just returned home from Afghanistan. I was so happy that he returned safe and sound.

When making this card it brought back memories of a friend who was lost in Iraq a few years ago. He was a great guy and I miss him always. If only he were here for me to send this card to him. I keep a part of him with me always, a group of us had memorial patches made up and it is proudly displayed on an item that I use often. I may have to rework this card with the word HERO and send to his parents. He passed away on June 6th of 2006, so seeing as it is coming up on the anniversary of his death I have been thinking of him a lot more.

So let all the current and past service members know that you appreciate all that they do, if it weren't for them we would not have the freedoms that we have now.

Card Recipe
Stamps: The Free and The Brave, Warm Words, Alphabet by Hero Arts
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Brilliant Blue
Ink: Basic Black, Versamark
Accessories: Star shaped eyelets

No comments: